With the spring setting in, finally, and summer just around the corner you might already be barbecuing as you read this. (Keep your eye on the clock, don’t want to char those hot dogs.) Still, it is always worth highlighting the importance of safety when it comes to cooking, possibly even more so when the elements and nearby playing children are a concern.
While our experts can help you with barbecue repair and grill maintenance we cannot ensure that you are safe. So we thought would offer you a list of important safety reminders:
- Own a Fire Extinguisher?: Should your flames lose control a fire extinguisher is the quickest and safest way to get a fire under control. If you do not have one get one!
- Be Mindful of Bacteria: Food is a magnet for bacteria. Any temperature above freezing and before 165 degrees is a breeding ground for the stuff. Keep food refrigerated until you are ready to cook!
- Smoke: Be careful with smoke. Do not stand directly downwind of the stuff. Even more importantly be sure to keep younger kids and babies away from the stuff entirely.
- Read the Manual: We understand, this is no fun. However, reading your barbecue’s manual is the most surefire way to troubleshoot issues that might come along and to ensure it’s safest possible use.
- Check the Gas: Before using your grill check to make sure the gas is connected properly and there is nothing blocking the clear passage of gas to your grill. Do not assume things are fine “because they were yesterday.” A strong breeze, a wily rodent, or any number of other factors could have changed the situation.
For more information on grill maintenance and barbecue repair check out our website. You can also call us if you have questions or need a repair in Nassau County at any time,