If you think your refrigerator is working fine but is maybe not as efficient as it could be you are probably right. Of course regular maintenance and Sub-Zero refrigerator repair are one kind of solution but there are other ways that you can make things run better as well.
Here are some tips from your favorite Long Island refrigerator repair experts to help make your fridge more efficient:
- Vacuum the Back of the Fridge: Those coils in the back of your fridge help pull heat away from your fridge itself. Dust makes these work slower and makes the fridge use more energy.
- Let Food Cool: Before putting something hot into your fridge let it cool. Hot food will raise the temperature of your fridge exponentially.
- Cover Food: By limiting the moisture in moving around your fridge you allow your entire fridge to run more smoothly.
- Check the Door Seal: The seal around the door of some refrigerators becomes ineffective over time. This is a great time to call us up for a replacement seal.
- Add Water Bottles to Fill Space: Your fridge cannot cool empty air but will try very hard to do so. Adding a few water bottles to the biggest gaps in your fridge can improve its cooling ability nicely.